Who We Are
Youth M.O.V.E Broward is a youth led organization dedicated to improving Broward County’s system of care, services, and support strategies. We are advocates for change and improvement within our County through utilizing our united and individual stories, experiences, and voices in an impactful manner to promote hope and positive changes.
What We Do
We the members of Youth M.O.V.E. Broward will work to unite the voices and causes of youth; while raising awareness around youth experiences, efforts, and needs. We advocate for our rights and equality in mental health and the various systems that serve them. By utilizing our own stories, we are empowered- through hope given to others, and by the opportunities to change that arise out of awareness.
- We help guide the improvement of the systems to better assist young people by sharing our own experience and supporting one another.
- We advocate for youth to utilize their voice and knowledge to foster change in our communities and in our own lives.
Why We Do It
We the members of Youth ‘Motivating Others through Voices of Experience’ (M.O.V.E.) Broward see a community in which youth are thoroughly supported, prepared, and assisted in a way that ensures their success. We envision a community and a system of care that works harmoniously with one another and with young people to ensure a united, gapless system that is as of maximum effectiveness in helping youth grow.
Youth M.O.V.E. Broward works toward the day when all people will recognize and accept the culture of youth, their families, and the communities that serve them in order to be truly culturally-competent.
Youth M.O.V.E. Broward envisions a future where youth are no longer treated as numbers, problems or caseloads, but as individuals and humans. Youth M.O.V.E Broward will stand as community partners: youth, youth advocates, supporters, parents, and professionals to see young people become successful and have the tools to do so.
How We Do It
Through education, support and advocacy, Youth M.O.V.E. Broward will
- Assist in developing Youth Leadership Workshops/Programs
- Create youth movement principles and policies
- Develop training tools, guides and other documents
- Unite the voices and causes of youth.
- Act as an advisor to youth, providers families and other adults
- Provide youth leadership representing youth served by mental health and other youth-serving systems
- To coach others in the area of authentic youth involvement and Youth M.O.V.E National’s “Ladder of Youth Involvement”
Youth M.O.V.E. Broward also serves as a support group for young people who are still going through these various systems. We also support one another in our own personal, professional, and emotional development. The youth within the organization range from 12-29. Youth M.O.V.E. Broward has reached numerous teens and young adults in the community and we continue our efforts in reaching out to our community. Members of Youth M.O.V.E. Broward also serve on various subcommittees for the One Community Partnership 2 System of Care Initiative. Our voices are heard and they are given key decision-making roles on policies that impact system transformation.
Youth M.O.V.E. Broward is a chapter of Youth M.OV.E. National and a subsidiary of South Florida Wellness Network, Inc, a 501(c)3 organization.